Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weightloss Wednesday

 Another week has flown by and I can say that I have gotten out and walked some, but I really need to make more of an effort.  Downside to living in the south, the Heat and Humidity.  Its not July and August yet but its already well over 90. (Hey but our winters are great.)

I have been trying to drink more water and stay away from the Coke and Sweet Tea.  I am addicted to both! Whenever I go out to eat I always order one and I add so many calories to what I am eating with that. So this week I am going to continue to focus on walking as much as I can and drinking water. 

One thing I have noticed about myself is I don't just stop eating when I am full but feel like I have to clean my plate.  Or I keep eating because maybe I am bored or I think its going to feel that emotional void in my life.  Some people turn to alcohol and drugs to help them cope with life; however, my drug of choice is food.  I need to change my thinking about food and see it as fuel for my body but I am certainly not there yet! One baby step at a time.

I did not get to weigh myself today as the nice scale at work as disappeared.  But soon the new gym will open at work and I can weigh myself without any excuse. Here's to getting healthy!

1 comment:

  1. i eat huge portions and i eat WAY too fast. i don't give my body a chance to even tell me its full. i am, however, not addicted to sodas and opt for regular tea with sweet n low. i drink a lot of water too (usually). i think you're smart in sticking with a couple of changes and letting them sink in (walking and water) instead of trying to do everything at once. like you said, one step at a time - figuratively and literally. :)

    ReplyDelete