Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weighloss Wednesday

Well my first thought was to start a separate blog about my battle to get my girlish figure back, but then realized I should just concentrate on this one and incorporate this subject into this blog.  So here ya go.

I have been struggling with weight since my early twenties and have just been steadily gaining.  Once I started working in call centers and living a less active lifestyle the weight just stuck even more.  I swear I just walk past the cookie aisle at Wal-mart and boom another ten pounds are stuck to the hips. LOL!

I have started many a diet and read lots of books on the subject, but to know success.  In 2003, I went to a weight loss doctor, spent several hundreds of dollars and successfully lost 40 pounds.  The sad thing is I really didn't learn what I should and should not do.  When I could not afford the doctor anymore and went back to my old eating habits, I gained all the weight back and then some.  Very discouraging!

Now 8 years later, I know I have to do something.  My family has heart problems and I do not want to deal with those issues if I can avoid them. 

I am really embarrassed to announce this on here but thought if I put it all out here for my readers to see, then that might give me some motivation to make improvements even if its just one small step at a time.  According to the scale at work last week, I am way to many pounds. Yikes! My BMI is horrible too.

Tonight I pulled out my new Sketchers Tone-Ups and walked down to the mailbox rather then just checking the mail on my drive home from work.  It's a short walk but it's a start.  My first goal is to lose 5 pounds and focus on short goals rather than the big picture because I will get overwhelmed very quickly.

Here's to better health! Mandy


1 comment:

  1. Oh hurray for you! I'm so glad your focus is small. I've done the protein diets and lost lots of weight quickly and then gained it all back and then some. I will not go on that kind of restricted program again as I don't think it's good for me. I'm like you. Too sedentary (and blogging is not helping!) I've begun walking to get the mail every day - for me it's about 1/4 mile driveway so that definitely helps. My family has heart problems, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I've already got the last 2. I need to avoid the 1st.

    I'll be here to give you encouragement and maybe at the same time help myself too. :) You go, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete