Monday, May 16, 2011

The Mother of My Heart

Many of us have blessed with women in our lives that we call Mom.  For me, I have been touched by a woman in my life I consider to be the Mother of my Heart.  She was there for me during some really dark days in my life and never said an ugly word to me either.  Has always been encouraging to me and let me know when she thinks I may not be doing the smartest thing in life but has given me room to grow into the woman I am today.
Probably early on in our relationship she was more of a mother figure to me, where as now we have more of a sisterly bond.
For Mother's Day, we went out to dinner for authentic Italian food. Can we same YUM!


Chicken Alfredo for me

and I can't remember what Helen ordered.


and dessert was delicious too!

So here's to a Happy Mother's Day to you Helen!

Thanks for being there for me when others were not.

Mandy


P.S. Calories do not count on special days or at least I like to think so. LOL! 

1 comment:

  1. oh, she sounds like a wonderful woman. you've both been blessed with each other. :)

    ReplyDelete