Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few of my musings...

     Sometimes, I really wonder why does it take so many guys to build a road? One guy to hold the slow/stop sign and his walkie talkie at one end of the road and another  guy at the other end.  Also, one guy to stand in the middle of the work area and hold a lighted orange stick thing to direct traffic in whatever direction in the dark of the night.  Then their are several men just hanging out until its their turn to drive their big rollers (or whatever they do).  I guess they have job security working for the county or state.  Of course, cross-training has never been thought of, but then again they have not asked us the public.  LOL!

     Where O Where, did my metabolism go?  I swear all I have to do is walk down the sweets aisle and another ten pounds have stuck to my hips.  ACK!  The days of eating whatever I want have ended long ago.  So, my goal for the next seven days is to start limiting myself to only 12 oz of soda a day. It's a place to start. =)

3 comments:

  1. oh, i'm very grateful i wasn't raised with sodas (they were only a once-in-a-while treat when i was a kid). i never developed an 'addiction' to them. now sugar-free koolaid, on the other hand. gotta have that in the fridge at all times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself I need to cut down on the soda too but I just don't do it. I do try to alternate with sweet tea! lol

    I agree with the road crew! They replaced a culvert in front of my house a few years ago. There was a truck load of them. They just sat there while one guy dug up the road with a backhoe. The supervisor watched and then the truck load of men. Then once the backhoe guy put the new culvert in the other guys got out and I can't remember what they did but it wasn't nothing. Seems like there had to be a truck with gravel or something to fill in around the culvert. I do remember laughing and saying something about it to the supervisor about the guys in the truck doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting and reading my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete