Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First Week



Well I have to say the first week of my new job went very well.  From talking to and hearing how people got their start with the credit union, several people have left the credit union and come back because they missed it so much.  I am taking that as a very positive sign that I am in a good place.  Three more weeks of training and then off to the phones and crazy questions from customers. They can come up with some funny stuff sometimes or be really physco too.

After working for Verizon Wireless for six years and most of those years in the collections department, I have heard some interesting excuses.  The best one of all would be the man I called on an outbound call to see if he would make his three month past due balance of $1000.00.  Now mind you this was in 2009, when President Obama and the Washington Gang were passing the Stimulus Bill.  My friendly customer told me to call 1-800-OBAMA because Mr. Obama was going to pay his mobile phone balance for him and then the customer promptly hung up on me.  I have to say that response left me speechless!  Also, I laughed and laughed and the joke for the rest of the day was call 1-800-OBAMA because the President was going to bail everyone out of their mobile phone bills. LOL! Silly customer, mobile phones are still considered a luxury item but I know my mobile phone is my lifeline too. 

Good Night!

1 comment: