Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Mailbox

Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved going to the mailbox.  Now, I certainly do not look forward to receiving the bills, junk mail and more junk mail. However I do enjoy on those occasions when I get a little package from a friend, an order from Amazon.com or even a handwritten letter.

I think handwritten letters are the best! It shows your loved one or friend took the time out of their busy schedule just write you a note and you can savor it for all time.  I still have old letters from friends and family, one of my favorite keepsakes.

One thing that is special is my last birthday card that my Dutch Grandmother sent me when I was 14 years old.  I like it for the fact it reminds me of her and has her signature on it.

I had a picture to share but Blogger is not cooperating tonight. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. i love mail too. when i left home at age 20 and moved 1100 miles away, my mother and i wrote back and forth each week - sometimes several times a week. the mailbox became my lifeline to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome Texwis! Do you still have some of your Mom's letters?

    ReplyDelete