Monday, March 21, 2011

Sarah Elizabeth McSween




Wow! I have family from Scotland!  Sarah Elizabeth McSween is my 4th great grandmother, I wonder what she was like.  Born in 1768 in Isle of Skye, Inverness-shire, Scotland, she and her family immigrated to the United States sometime before 1780.  According to Ancestry.com she married William John Wadsworth at the age of 12 years old and he was 20 years old.  That is still hard for me to fathom, married at 12 years old.  I guess that is how it was done back then. 

Isle of Skye is described by Country Life as "...the largest and most northerly island in the Inner Hebrides, is renowned for its spectacular scenery, vibrant culture and heritage, and diverse wildlife. The island's dramatic scenery is dominated by the Cuillins, a wild and rugged range of mountains rising to more than 3,000 feet above sea level."

Well now I have to add Isle of Skye to my list of places to visit.  I wander what else I will find out???


http://www.countrylife.co.uk/property/details/property/502993/for-sale/Waternish-Estate-Isle-of-Skye-IV-GB.html

No comments:

Post a Comment